Subject: Re: [Leica] Mercury Cell Ban & Fish
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 18:40:05 -0700

I remember many years ago when the "Mercury" scare swept the country.
"Don't eat this fish, or that fish" Then they pulled some very old fish
from the Smithsonian. Very old fish. And guess what. Some, of the same
species, had MORE Mercury than current fish. The conclusion was that the
level of Hg in fish has nothing to do with industry. This is the scientists
talking, not the EPA. And if the EPA has anything to do with anything, you
know it will be wrong.

Jim