Subject: Re: [Leica] Explanation high production cost
From: ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 22:10:14 +0800

> The system is very efficient when aimed towards a target. For instance
> : destroy in the past the german photographic industry or the US car
> industry.

I don't think you can blame the alledged destruction of the German
photographic industry on any "unfair" Japanese "system" of competition,
unless developing high quality, professional, innovative cameras and
lens at reasonable prices is considered "unfair".  As far as the US car
industry, have you ever driven a circa 1970's or early 1980's American
automobile?  I'd rather think competition from the Japanese automobile
industry saved the US automobile industry in the long run by way of a
good kick in the ass.