Subject: Re: [Leica] Travel in the upper Midwest
From: budcook@ibm.net
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 23:54:18 -0500

Tom,
I second the recommendation to tour the North Shore of Lake Superior.  It's
called the Arrowhead Region in Minnesota. There is a road called the
Gunflint Trail that runs from Lake Superior to the Canadian Border in this
region.  I've seen moose and wolf on this road.  There are also many well
maintained secondary roads throughout the Arrowhead.
Of course the Boundary Waters area is terrific for canoeing and camping.
The jumpoff point is at Ely, Minnesota.
You might also just want to circle Lake Superior.  It's a beautiful drive,
especially in Canada.
Bud Cook