Subject: RE: [Leica] Le Grand Experiment
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:26:58 -0700

Good for you, Mike.  I've been doing this kind of thing as well, but only
for a day or two at a time!  My poor wife still grabs her full Canon EOS kit
whenever she goes shooting, which is probably why she doesn't shoot as much
anymore.  I usually head out with one M6 body, a 50mm or 35mm lens and some
Provia or Scala.  Using the M6 has already helped my photography in that I'm
much less concerned with equipment and more focused on light & composition.
The M6 has made me think about metering critically for the first time in 15
years.  Seems like I ceded my responsibility for metering around 1983, when
I bought my Canon A1s.  It's nice to have it back.

You're indeed being much more radical about it and I'm sure your photography
will improve as a result.  Good luck.

- --Jim Laurel