Subject: [Leica] offtopic: harsh light filters
From: fld <fld@mozcom.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 14:52:05 +0800

Hello,

a friend just got back from australia: syndney and gold coast to be exact.
he spend about 1 week in both the cities. he took his M6 35 and 50
summicrons and his Canon EOS system.

last nite I had the chance to see his shots using Kodak print film (Gold100
to be exact). We were both disappointed in 90% of his shots esp. under
midday sun. The shots were really harsh, lighting was aweful, lack of
contrast, lack in brilliance, etc.. He said that the sun down there was
really really harsh.

My question: does enchancing filter, or Neutral density filters help under
these difficult conditions? how do we enchance the colors, contrast, etc?

Would appreciate some comments,

Ferdinand