Subject: Re: [Leica] Newbie to be -- My experiences with G2 / M options?
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@MAIL.WM.EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 13:53:39 -0400

I shoot with a G1 and a G2, as well as with an M4-P.  I use incident and
spot metering a lot, so I'm less concerned with in-camera metering than I
probably should be.  What I've really come to like about the Gs are the
1/1000+ shutter speeds.  I like the control over aperture and DOF (shallow)
in circumstances of relatively bright light/fast emulsions.  Comparing the
two systems is like comparing chalk and cheese, I know.  Each has its
strengths and weakness.  The M4-P with a 35/1.4 is an astonishing
instrument for recording light on film, but the Gs are as well.

Chandos Michael Brown