Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica in Newsweek
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 20:28:47 -0500

At 01:41 PM 4/12/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Interesting. I wouldn't expect any of the White House press corp to be
>brandishing an M6.

And why would that be? They are some of the best of the best, and they know
what Leicas are.

But I'll bet you it's Peter F. Bentley who shoots for Time. Did he have a
beard? He shoots Leica M and Canon EOS. His book on President Bush should
be out, and he did the book and CD-Rom on Bill Clinton's first presidential
run. I remember photographing him photographing Clinton in Independence, MO
once. He was using an M6 and 75 Summilux.

I ran into him again in the last campaign photographing bob Dole in Medford
Oregon. He saw my M6 and said "Nice camera, don't see many of them around
in small towns like this." Had a nice chat. Very nice guy. Sign of one of
the good ones.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch