Subject: Re: [Leica] Photos and Art
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 18:30:06 -0700

At 11:39 AM 4/12/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Here's another.  You'd have to look on p. 19 of the Mar/Apr issue of
>American Photo to see the actual result.
>
>-GH

Well, I just looked at page 19 of the Mar/Apr issue of American Photo. I'm
certainly happy for Barbara Pollack that she is a new discovery. I said
earlier, these artsy fartsy folk are one step removed from reality. Barbara
Pollack is probably the worst photographer/artist I have ever had the
displeasure of learning about. This stuff is disgusting. Anybody that
actually pays money for this kind of garbage is really totally out of their
mind.

I have a great idea for making gobs of money. Buy a gross (12 dozen) of
disposable cameras. Dump them in all of the monkey/gorilla cages in a good
sized zoo. Leave them there for a month. Collect what's left (some will
survive) and process the film. Print everything. Pen a name. Have a "found
artist" showing at one of the really stuck-up artsy fartsy galleries. Retire.

Jim