Subject: Re: [Leica] Tina's pictures
From: Jens-Peter Horst <Jens-Peter.Horst@ummed.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 23:00:11 -0400

Hi Tina,

I looked at some of your pictures. Most of them I really liked,
especially 'Oscar' or the indio woman with the reddish dress. In the
case of the latter however I was wondering why her shirt seemed out of
focus while her hands and faces were pretty sharp. Distancewise I
figured the shirt somewhere in between hands and face. Most of the
picture also conveyed a strong emotional atmosphere which I found
impressive.
However some pictures were a little bit too contrasty (with a tendency
to the dark side) for my taste. Although this strengthens the dramatic
situation of some subjects, it kind of wears off if one sees this
technique used too frequently.

I am relatively new to the Luglist and enjoy reading it a lot, but I am
no professional. Therefore you probably shouldn't pay too much attention
to my opinion anyways.

Have a nice Easter weekend,

Jens-Peter