Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Eric's site
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 19:30:58 -0500

At 11:52 PM 4/9/98 -0400, you wrote:

>We're just too close mon ami! :)

Yes, I know that for sure. I can whip through a person's pictures very
quickly and find the best pictures. I don't know how many times
photographers will say after I've edited their film "Man, I didn't see that."

Or the best photographer at our paper who told me that he went through
another photographer's photos, and when he saw my edit on the printed page,
said he could have never pulled out as coherent a set if images.

I am just too close to my pictures, as you say, to be able to edit well.
But then my web page is about what I like. But some day, it will have a
much tougher edit. But I have a lot of negatives to go through to find my
really good stuff.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

They have what is rare in still photography - the mobility of film, motion,
evanescence, fluidity...your camera has a thousand eyes which are directed
by love and feeling.

- -Anias Nin