Subject: Re: [Leica] R lens decision
From: Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 19:23:57 -0500

Ken,
I've owned a 180mm Elmar since 1977.  I bought it when I lived in
Germany and I have never found anything to complain about with this lens
except for it's maximum aperture.

I like it's compact size which makes it a good lens for traveling.  I
prefer it's images on K25 to those from my 90mm SummicronR.  This is
obviously a purely subjective opinion but I've never been interested in
giving this lens up for the extra f-stop of the Elmarit.

Regards,
Bud Cook