Subject: Re: [Leica] Subjective lens impression (part 3)
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 18:42:39 +0200

At 22:58 09.04.1998 -0500, Bud Cook wrote:
>I hope you'll have something to say about the 35mm
>Summicrons, especially the first one.  Mine seems to have a slight yellow
>cast to it compared to my Rigid Summicron.

Sorry, Bud. I've never used the 1-st version 2/35. I remember that
several LUG's gave friendly comments on the lens's rendition, specially
at wide open (as on the original 1.4/35 Summilux), but I've no own
experiences. Maybe some other LUG likes to describe this lens. I'm sure
that there is a lot of interest in that comment (mine inclusive), because
I also remember several LUG's who are not persuaded by the current ASPH
development. The tendency was (in short): You loose more than you win.

Best,

Alf

Alfred Breull
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm