Subject: [Leica] Marvin, I refuse ...
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 14:18:13 +0200

At 21:38 09.04.1998 EDT, Marvin wrote:
> Now that I am able to see Eric's, Alf's, Will's & Especially Francesco's Arte

Marvin,

Please, leave me out of this. I don't want to be in the context of
a person who says 'others stole it, I just took the money - I'm not
guilty'.

Further, since Charlie's in-burst some months ago, I refuse to
participate in dicussions, where the netiquette is violated by a
person to get personal attention or advantages. So, please, leave
me out of this aspect also.

Most of us know from sad experience, that you have deep scars, when
you have been in the news business for some years. You have seen so
much blodd, horror, and shit in this world, that you just look for
some peace and, maybe, tenderness.

It doesn't mean, we don't feel the adrenaline anymore. We sense it,
we smell it, and we are part of it whenever we see one of "our" pix,
no matter whether we took it ourselves or someone else.

Look at Eric's pictures, who is in the news bizz since long long
years, i.e. swinger.jpg, twinkle.jpg, british,jpg, shadow.jpg,
silverfall.jpg, etc.

I immediately see his news paper education, I feel the need for peace
mentioned above, and we all remember, respected and honored Eric's
attitude, when he publish his special picture on the atempted suicide
(violence.jpg).

Additionally, all his pictures give valuable information to all LUGs,
even 4 or 8 thousand miles away, on Leitz's/Leica's lens performance
under professional conditions. These are no "beautifulled" pictures
by some companie's PR agency, and we would not get this information
otherwise.

I wouldn't see a reason to shoot at Eric, I only see a reason to say
'Thanks, my friend'.

Take care, nasty old man :)

Alf

Alfred Breull