Subject: [Leica] 50/1.5 Summarit & "Left Coast Fog"
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 00:45:36 -0400

Marvin wrote:

<<<It is a very easy lens to clean - I do it about every ten years or so.>>

Marvin,

I learned many years ago after getting knocked across the room on my ass
due to sticking my finger in a big studio strobe unit to "fix it!" That I
shouldn't play with things photographic. :)

However, I also have a 50mm 1.5 Summarit still attached to the camera it
came with, but upon looking through it there is quite a noticable "Left
coast fog - smog - or fish oil haze."

You say, "you clean it every ten years or so."  My question is: Can I
unscrew this lens, clean it and put it back to-gether without screwing it
up?    Remember now, you're answering the "ol loony bird!" :)

Or should I just send it to a pro,  Reinhold Mueller in Toronto for a good
cleaning? Gut feeling: I'd be better off going with the pro!:)

ted