Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: average leica pics
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 16:24:17 -0700

Please don't assume that charm and erotica is all I
photograph, Eric.  I recently went on a 3 week trip
to Hong Kong, Bangkok, and Bali, and did nothing
but photograph all day long.  I had my R8 around my
neck from the time I left LAX to the time I boarded the
plane to return home.  I appreciate and admire ALL
categories of photographs from documentary to
landscape to street photos to nude erotica, and I would
assume that any mature, educated photographer (of the
type we have here on the LUG) would appreciate any
of the above photographic genres as well, without
discrimination.  (Not talking about you, Eric)

But you're right.....photographing a gorgeous 19 year old
Japanese college student in an earthtone sarong on the
beach in La Jolla, CA with my M6HM and my 35/2 ASPH
at about 4pm PST is hard to beat!  :-)

At 05:10 PM 4/9/98 -0500, Eric Welch wrote:
>At 08:54 AM 4/9/98 -0700, you wrote:
>
>>in which the photos will be used.  A photo that is good for you, as a
>>news photo editor, may stink for someone else who has never been in
>>your shoes and looks at images from another POV.  And vice versa......
>
>That is very true Francesco.
>
>As for what you think good photos are, I can imagine.
>
>Beautiful women in beautiful light taken with the absolute best lenses,
>with not so many beautiful clothes? <G>
>
>Eric Welch
>St. Joseph, MO
>http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch
>
>Logic: The art of being wrong with confidence...

Francesco Sanfilippo,
Five Senses Productions
webmaster@5senses.com

http://www.5senses.com/