Subject: Re: [Leica] Quantum? Gossen?
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 1998 09:28:20 -0800

Martin V. Howard wrote:

> I'd be interested in hearing what problems you've had with the Quantum
> meters.  So far, from what I've read about them, they seem good, but I'd
> really like to hear your experience of them.

I have a Calcuflash I think.  It is a baggie in some pieces with
batteries.  It is a horibly designed, barely functioning piece of junk.
I suspect it can take an accurate reading on the rare occasions that it
works.  Biggest problem is that the batteries corrode quickly.
Everytime I would go to use it, I would have to clean batteries and
compartments, sometimes several times in same day.  the attechments are
so clumbsy to use--you don't.  I have several attachments, including a
ground glass screen attachment.  I have thought of selling it, but don't
wish to dump it on someone.  Trust me, just look elsewhere--like gossen
or Seconic or Minolta.  Next time I clean out the storage cabiner the
Quantum is going in the trash.

donal

- --
Donal Philby