Subject: Re: [Leica] Salgado in Life
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 22:32:56 -0500

At 11:24 AM 4/8/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I'm not sure if anyone has seen this yet, but in the Life magazine "Best
>Magazine Photography of the Year" issue, Sebsatiao Salgado received the
>"Legend Award".  There are reproductions of a bunch of his photos where
>the section appears in the back of the magazine.

Ironic, no? Considering that Life Magazine has just screwed over many of
the photographers they've been using, and closed their "photography"
department and now are going to let the "design" department make all the
decisions.

Big, big mistake. Life should really fold now. Eisie must be spinning in
his grave.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

IRS: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!