Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Eric's site
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 22:45:30 -0500

At 01:17 PM 4/8/98 -0400, you wrote:

>When Ted Grant rendered his critique last year in Kennebunkport he was very
>blunt and specific, and therefore most helpful.  But then .... I guess
>Ted's mother taught him the same values that Shawn's and my mother taught
>us (or is it your lovely wife, Ted, that keeps you polite [most of the
>time]?)

I know that Ted is probably the toughest critic here, but then we have to
remember that he is probably also the most experienced person here, since
he photographed Noah coming off the Ark. :-)

My feelings weren't hurt because for that to happen I have to respect the
opinion of the person doing the critique, and I have no idea what
qualifications Christian has. If Sebastiao Salgado had said that, well, I
guess I'd probably look into buying a coffee shop. Come to think of it,
Salgado wouldn't probably tell me what he thinks, because I'd never ask
him. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

IRS: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!