Subject: Re: [Leica] Cool Leica Pictures
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 21:46:45 -0600

>The only way round this would be to put uncompressed high res TIFF files
>on line. Unviewable by 99 pct of Web users.
>
>Anyone care to share his/her thoughts on this ?

Copyright is a concern that immediately comes to mind.  I wouldn't dream of
lifting someone else's hi res images, but there are others out there who
would.  Unfortunately, lo res images, thumbprints, and watermarks have had
to be used to maintain some form of ownership of images which can easily be
pirated.  I believe that this is a major issue that photographers must
address.  This topic, perhaps, may be too general to be discussed on the
Leica list, but I think it needs to be hashed out thoroughly somewhere.

- -GH