Subject: Re: [Leica] AOL's Poor Quality Browser? / Jeff / Marvin / Will
From: Vondauster <Vondauster@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 18:58:51 EDT

Hi All,

Marvin, taker of wonderful Hollywood photographs, wrote

<< Please look & tell me what you think as
  I still haven't resolved the problem of it looking so poorly on the AOL
  browser.  Even Will von Dauster's beautiful SF photos looked bad til I
  switched over to Netscape.  Will advised me to change my display to
  the highest quality setting, which I did - with no improvement. Anyone ? >>

I did a little more digging on this since I last wrote Marvin, so I thought
I'd post the result to the group. For those using AOL's browser, from within
the _browser_ itself (a watered down version of Microsoft's Explorer) click on
the "PREFS" (Preferences) button, then slect "uncompressed images." This
should help with the display problem.

Of course, make sure your computer is set to display the highest resolution
your monitor and vodeo card can handle.

Hope this helps,

Will von Dauster