Subject: Re: [Leica] British <-> American translations
From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 21:33:14 +0000

Alan Hull wrote:

> There was a wedding
> photography thread running and I really thought I had stumbled on a kinky
> mailing list when I read such things as  "I enjoy shooting kids in church,
> especially when they are not looking."  Or another one "I shot the
> bridegroom during the ceremony and the vicar objected that the flash
> disturbed ..."   Or from another thread " ...on an outing with the local
> gun club I successfully shot four rolls of fast film."  (not fast enough
> apparantly).

Alan,

Are you a writer for Seinfeld???  This is the funniest thing I have
read on the LUG since the 12 days of christmas.

Thanks for sharing your views of our slang, it is always interesting
to hear how out vocabulary differs from others who speak the same
"language".
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto