Subject: Re: SV: [Leica] British <-> American translations
From: "Art Searle" <w2nra@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 21:06:58 -0400

Thanks Dave,

You stated that very well.  And that does state the similarities to the
mechanics of the two types of shooting; photography and firearms.  But even
I, a confessed snap-shooter, must admit that just using these basics you
may get technically good photographic shots but you will know very little
about photography or photographic art.  Where as these similar skills will
make you an excellent shot; an expert.  Shooting firearms is easy.
Photography is hard; for me anyway.

Art

Dave wrote:
>No, he's not joking.  The physical and mental skills
>in precision shooting are similar to composing a
>photo properly.  Emotionally, however, if you feel
>that anything involving a firearm is evil, then that
>is why you do not understand his point of view.

Art Searle, W2NRA, w2nra@erols.com, Lake Grove, Long Island, NY, USA
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
20 miles east of Nikon USA, 70 miles east of Leica USA