Subject: [Leica] Measured Reaction Time / Marvin / Alf / Dave
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 13:34:40 EDT

 About 45 years ago when I was hot rodding  sport cars in my city driving,
 I received speeding tickets over the legal limit & was forced to go to
traffic
 school ( 6 tickets in any 12 month period ).

 As part of the course, our reaction times - from first seeing the red light &
 then actually stepping on the breaks were measured.

 If I remember correctly, mine was about .35 of a second and now 45 years
 later, it is probably 3 times as long.  You don't have to be a mathmatician
 to figure out how far a car will travel @ 65mph in that reaction time.

 The point that I am trying to make is that almost any cameras mirror-up time
 or just plain response is much faster than the time it takes for our eyes to
 signal our brain and then for our brain to signal our trigger finger to take
the
 picture.

 Those of you like Ted & Eric that take sports photos, know that many times
 your pic is not exactly what you think you saw immediately when clicking the
 shutter - and if you don't, I think you are just kidding yourselves
Grandpa's.

 Marvin (Grandpa) Moss
<<
 At 01:31 06.04.1998 EDT, Dave Yoder wrote:
 >same manner. I think the delay might be a problem in moment-oriented work
and
 >it's a serious concern of mine. I'm kinda wondering though why I haven't
heard
 >others complain about it, or read anything about it here in the LUG.
- -------------------------------------
  Alf Breull then wrote:
 <<
  You won't. We are using the M Leica (or another brand). On the other side,
when
 you get older, the delay in your own reaction time is larger than the
mirror's
 delay. Hence, most LUGs are happy when they get a picture in the same season
:)

 Alf
 Alfred Breull