Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica delay
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 07:57:07 -0500

At 01:31 AM 4/6/98 -0400, you wrote:

>it's a serious concern of mine. I'm kinda wondering though why I haven't
heard
>others complain about it, or read anything about it here in the LUG.

It shouldn't be. R cameras are not slow. Their delay (before the R8) is 100
milliseconds. It's been tested and shown to be right in the average of
other cameras. The EOS1nRS is faster because there is no mirror, but other
SLRs suffer similar delays, some worse, a few better, but not significantly
better.

You were probably just unlucky in your timing because you're not used to
the two stage release of the older R cameras. Once you get used to it, it's
not a problem.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the
photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him (and her) to keep
on looking.

- -Brooks Atkinson, 1951