Subject: Re: [Leica] 2/90 R Summicron rumor
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 03:06:28 +0200

At 15:48 05.04.1998 -0500, Eric wrote:
>It would leave a major hole in the R lens line. The 80 Summilux is too big
>and heavy for many people, and the 100 Apo Macro is too slow for some work.

Thanks for your comments, Eric. It's just, that the R8 is *for me* so
far away from what I feel, prefer, and select as a Leica, that I have
difficulties to understand or follow developments or changements in
Solms' current SLR system.

For me, a Leica has to be simple, reliable, small, manual, and the best -
and if not an RF/VF, than a camera like the Nikon FM with Leica glass and
reliability, leaving the fun (and the "bad" experiences) to the photographer.

Hence, I don't understand systems, which are determined rather by the
production of pictures and less by the fun and skills of the photographer.

In short: I don't see an reason, why modern electronic photographers take the
burden of photography instead of taking a video and select the best frames.

Those photographers just use the word Leica, but it's no Leica photography
for me anymore, even if they use the same lenses.

Maybe I'm too far out, but, does an electronic SWC or Linhof also exist
meanwhile ?

Alf

Alfred Breull
http://members.aol.com/abreull/index.htm