Subject: Re: [Leica] Fast mechanical shutters
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 18:06:35 -0500

At 05:49 PM 4/5/98 -0400, you wrote:

>Eric,  a metal vertical focal  plane mechanical shutter would take no more
>room.  In fact the Contax S2 is as small as an M6 (and a little lighter).  Of

Really? If the mechanism is above the shutter instead of off to the side,
how could that fit in an M6? I guess what I'm saying is that the mechanism
might be no bigger, but whould it's layout be the same?

The S2 has a prism, and is it really that small? That's amazing.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

I exist as I am - that is enough.