Subject: Re: [Leica] British <-> American translations
From: "Art Searle" <w2nra@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 17:21:55 -0400

David Morton wrote:
>Actually, on reflection, I think it's a weird word to use, to describe the
>taking of a photograph, in any circumstances.

And you don't think "taking a photograph" is weird?  That sounds dishonest,
like stealing.  And it does nothing to discribe the process.  Let's see;
"exposing the film"   or   "opening the shutter"  or "releasing the
shutter".   Now we're getting closer.  How about "firing the shutter"?
We're back to shooting.

Art

Art Searle, W2NRA, w2nra@erols.com, Lake Grove, Long Island, NY, USA
20 miles east of Nikon USA, 70 miles east of Leica USA