Subject: Re: [Leica] Fast mechanical shutters
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 1998 15:53:47 -0500

At 10:01 AM 4/5/98 -0400, you wrote:

>                (I've encountered both of these problems with all M
>cameras including the M6.   I hardly ever have to do a CLA on a Nikon F
>or F2.   It's something I expect with M's if they are more than 15 years
>old)

And you would think it's  big burden to CLA any camera every 15 years or
so? Just the build up of junk inside would demand that, let alone a
slippage of accuracy.

Would a titanium shutter take up more space? I wouldn't want the M6 to get
any bigger. And I can just imagine the howl from photographers complaining
when they do change the M6 shutter, no matter what they do.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

You'll get what's coming to you ... Unless mailed