Subject: Re: [Leica] 24 Elmarit f2.8 ASPH
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 22:06:21 +0200

On 05-04-1998 19:00 Alfred Breull wrote:

>Pascal, ain't your statement a little too enthusiastic ?  :)
>
>Of course, the 21 asph Elmarit is a very very fine lens. But, other
>opinions (than Erwin's frequently cited comment) say, that the
>3.4/ 21 SA's rendition is more pleasant than the asph Elmarit's in
>90 percent of 21 mm lens pictures. And, if I'd look for a 21 mm
>M lens, I'd select the 3.4 SA.
>
>Maybe your statement corresponds to the asph 24 M lens' rendition ?

Point well taken, Alf!
But personally and generally speaking, I attach most importance to the
lens with the highest overall sharpness/contrast, so in that respect the
prize would surely go to the 21 ASPH. But I agree that Erwin's comparison
speaks favorably about the 21/3.4 SA in many ways.
:-)

Pascal