Subject: [Leica] off topic - family
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 11:41:18 -0700

The last couple of weeks have been a little painful in terms of some posts
on this forum and the straying from what I consider  to be the intent of
this family.  Families, however, are not immune from discord, as most of us
know,  and somehow they do survive and even thrive with the occasional kick
in the butt.

Over toast and coffee this morning I found myself on page 104  of "Magnum -
Fifty Years at the Front Line of History"
by Russell Miller. (ISBN 0436203731) The year was 1952  and Robert Capa

.............."told his brother Cornell that he had been offered a salary
to continue running Magnum. Cornell congratulated him and said it was about
time his efforts were recognized. "

"You're crazy," Capa retorted. "Do you think I would want to be employed by
those bastards?"

We are no different than most families.

The light is perfect somewhere near.  Load up some film and go find that
light.

Cheers,
David Medley
Whidbey Is.   WA