Subject: Re: [Leica] DOF lever on R6
From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 20:50:24 +0000

John McLeod wrote:

> I was out shooting with my R6 today and noticed that everytime I stopped the
> lens down via the aperture ring, the viewfinder grew darker.  Then I noticed
> that the depth of field preview lever was loose and mulfunctioning -- no

John,

I have had this happen on 2 different R6es, most recently on one I
had just bought form Camera One.  They had me send it in to DAG for
repair and he turned it around in about a week.  I talked with him on
the phone after the repair and he said this is a fairly common
problem with the R6.  The stop down lever breaks and must be
replaced.  I shot about 3 or 4 rolls of film after it broke, and
lucky for me the piece of metal did not get into the shutter or any
other fragile mechanics in the camera.  I do not know what the
repair cost as Camera One picked up the tab since I had only had the
camera for a week.

BTW Camera One in Sarasota is a good reliable dealer and I highly
recommend them to anyone.
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto