Subject: Re: [Leica] 75 mm summilux??
From: "Art Searle" <w2nra@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 21:30:23 -0500

That's funny, mine is engraved "LENS MADE IN CANADA" and it is very close
to yours in serial number.  3719372.  I've had it for several months.  Look
again on the bottom of the lens lightly engraved but no paint.  Mine is too
close in serial number to be different.

Art

>Just got the 75 today in the mail and just got back from shooting a quick
>roll.  Have not developed yet.  My question to the knowledgeble:  I just
now
>looked at it closely and it does not indicate it was made in Canada or for
>that matter Germany.  Do the Canadian versions normally have "made in
>Canada" on them.  Serial number is 3719326 if that helps. Thanks.
>-Neal

Art Searle, W2NRA, w2nra@erols.com, Lake Grove, Long Island, NY, USA
20 miles east of Nikon USA, 70 miles east of Leica USA