Subject: Re: [Leica] Grist for the M6E mill
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 1998 13:40 +0000 (PST)

I asked the chap I know at Christie's about the provenance of the "M6
Electronic" top plate.

He says that Christie's don't check with Solms unless they have a
particular reason to do so. The vendor signs a declaration confirming that
it is their property. If Solms made a claim that it was theirs then
Christie's would withdraw it pending enquiries by the police.

Apparently the top plate was withdrawn but will appear in Christie's June
11 Leica sale, with an illustration in the catalogue this time.

            David Morton | "I've finally figured out what's wrong with
dmorton@journalist.co.uk | photography. It's a one-eyed man looking
   Islington, London, UK | through a little 'ole. Now, how much reality
      (+44) 171 272 8908 | can there be in that?" (David Hockney)