Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M Camera Loading, was Advice
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 17:18:00 -0600

At 10:14 AM 03/04/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi, Tina, et al...
>
>> Tom Donovan gave me a priceless tip at the Leica workshop last year.  He
>> showed me how to pleat the end of the film by folding it back and forth a
>> couple of times.  The fold slips down between the spines of the take-up
>> spool and is less likely to slip out.  Be sure the sprockets are caught,
>> close the camera and wind slowly the first time or two...
Will try this.
I find that I have to lick a finger and push the film up far enough so that
it reaches the sprocket holes.  I push up on the film near the sprocket
holes, but not near the shutter curtain.  Perhaps this is because I cut my
own leaders from bulk loads.  The film does not seem to want to go in all
the way into the takeup spool.

- -GH