Subject: Re: [Leica] Useful camera features?
From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 23:21:46 +0000

Many photographers like the simplicity of the camera.  I personally
prefer a camera with simple easy to handel features.  I have owned
many automatic cameras, most recently the EOS 1 line, but have always
left the camera on manual exposure settings.  When using the EOS some
of the joy of photography was missing.  I finally bought an M6 and
realized what I was missing, that feeling of working with photography
on a personal  level that only a truly manual non gimicky camera can
give you.

My favorite bodies have always been the more manual configurations,
the M6, R6, Nikon FM2, F3, Canon F1, and now the R8, but I,
personally, could live with out the auto modes and just keep the
flash meter/matrix meter capabilities with the high sync speed/rear
curtain sync for the flash.
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto