Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Tri-Elmar
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans@komvux.skola.mark.se>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 23:21:38 +0200

Maybe Tri-Elmar users could bring a flash for those late afternoon shots...?
No, I prefer my prime lenses too, especially for the Leica-M, that excels in
low light conditions. Of course the Tri-Elmar is a complement for sunny
days, but I would rather spend my funds on another prime lens.
I have never even considered buying a zoom slower than F/2,8 for my SLR
system, and I don't see any good reason to spend $2.000 for a F/4,0 Leica-M
zoom. OTH I have spent some money to get 28/2,0, 85/1,4 and 135/2,0 SLR
lenses, because the speed is there, when needed.
/Hans

>Mechanics are certainly important, but if Leica's own description of the
optical quality is so ify, I'd be very cautious about investing the money -
if I had it to invest! The other problem, of course, is the lens's lack of
speed. This is a day-at-the-beach, or in the mountains lens, not a lowish
light level street shooter....