Subject: Re: [Leica] Advice wanted
From: SP <spaniel@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 09:20:06 -0800

Re #1 below, check your bookstores for Sidney F. Ray's "The Photographic
Lens" from Focal Press (rev. 1996). Though it contains no photographs,
it has thousands of illustrations related to hundreds of chapters on
optics principles. It's only in paperback and I paid $30 for it. It's
thorough and definitely not a "...For Dummies" book. Try to find and
peruse a copy of it in order to determine that it is what you are
specifically looking for. If you can't find it locally, go online and
search for it at www.amazon.com