Subject: RE: [Leica] September-Suprise
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 9:33:00 +0000

Bill,
you may well be surprised to learn that they did give free samples to us
members of the Leica Postal Portfolios (society) who visited Solms last
year!
Of the crystal ball glass that is...

We were all offerered a unique souvenir paperwieght in the form of a
rejected Leica lens element, I picked up a few and now have constructed
(with the aid of a few toilet roll tubes etc.) a 'Super Apo-jem-otar, ASPH',
sadly I've yet to be able to make it focus on anything!

Jem

3)  They will announce FREE samples for all visitors to the factory at
Solms.  (I never said the crystal ball was perfect).

Regards,
Bill