Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica's inability to do better
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 23:25:02 -0600

At 07:30 PM 3/30/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Not RGB, but is knows the distance to the subject, and makes use of this
>information to determine lens settings etc., so it is similar to the 'D'
>feature of Nikon's metering.

I see. That is a truly useful function. It makes flash much more accurate
in difficult situations, such as night football. Or anywhere where the
subject is in front of a background that is a lot different in tonal
quality as the subject.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

French Lesson - BUFFET IS A FRENCH WORD. IT MEANS GET UP AND GET IT
YOURSELF.