Subject: Re: [Leica] WINDER R8.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 16:48:11 -0600

At 05:51 AM 3/30/98 -0500, you wrote:

>I love the size and the feeling of the R8 winder.
>The fact that you still have the possibility to
>advance or rewind the film yourself, without noise is
>also a big advantage.

I love it too, I was nit picking, just to make sure I wasn't being overly
praising in my comments on it.

>But the lack of a single shot position is really a nuisance.
>I've lost some pictures because of that.

After using an F5, it's no problem for me. ;-)

>The lost of the vertical release and of the wide leather strap on
>the handgrip from the R7 winder are also weak points.
>To bad that the R8 winder had to lose two advantages
>in order to gain the slowest motorized rewind on the market.

Total agreement there. Maybe they'll come up with a strap like Canon did
for their digital cameras. Feels really good. I'll bet the winder is faster
with the MWR8 battery pack. The literature does say it's needed for maximum
speed. Let's hope it comes in the century.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

The secret of the universe is @*&^^^ NO CARRIER