Subject: Re: [Leica] 21 mm viewfinder - crazy !
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 13:36:18 -0500

At 12:02 PM 3/30/98 -0500, you wrote:

> When I got my used 21 2.8 Elmarit I, too, was stunned by the piece of junk
> being sold as a Leitz finder. The folks at Ken Hansen assured me that with
> any kind of serious use the foot of the finder would break off in three to
> six months, so I purchased a used, all-metal, version of the finder. Yes, I
> paid a bit more for it, and yes, it was to their financial advantage to tell
> me what they did, but that plastic thing is a joke.

Mine broke almost immediately.  I sent it to Leica to be fixed and it cost
almost as much to be repaired as to purchase a new one!  My next one will be
the metal, used one if I can find one!  Best - TIna

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>
<http://www.aperture-photo.com/site/reportage/manley/manleyframeset.html>
<http://www.onlineartistleague.com/manleyt/portfoli.htm>