Subject: Re: [Leica] New Apo-Elmarit 1:2,8/180mm
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 17:25:54 -0600

>I hope that they will offer ASAP a new APO-1,4 X
>who will work with APO 100/2,8, APO 180/2,8, 80-200/4
>and APO 70-180/2,8 !!

I wouldn't be angry about it. It's too bad, but on the other hand, I
wouldn't want Leica to compromise the formula by making it compatible with
the converter. The coverter sticks a long way into the back of the lens, so
they probably didn't have any choice to make the lens an APO lens up to
their standards. But if they can make a converter that works with it,
great! I'd buy it.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

IRS: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!