Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Meter Area
From: dannyg1 <dannyg1@IDT.NET>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 23:05:35 +0000

Jim,

>>>  When I look in my M6, with the shutter
cocked, no lens, I see a reflective circle painted on the shutter. The size
of this circle never changes, regardless of which lens is on the camera,
where it's focused, or even if it's focused.<<<

I can't imagine that the front of the shutter curtain is far enough from the filmplane to
create a cut in the circle of projected rays, but if it is, the cone would get larger as the
lens was racked out. Seems to me that this would make the metered area larger at close
distance.

Maybe the sensor also reads forward and gets cut off by the barrel at closer distance
focus?

Danny G.