Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V2 #264
From: Thomas Kachadurian <>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 22:12:17 -0500

I've read too many post here about people fretting over the finish of their
new cameras or the dust specs in the glass. These are not real problems.

Nearly everyone I know who used the Nikon 8008s in the first 6 months it
was released had to send it back for something. These reported M6 problem
are small, and usually not fatal.

I don't mean to minimize real problems. A broken counter should be fixed,
but I like shooting with a camera when my greatest threat is a broken
counter. If you are on a trip, or have hiked deep into the woods and your
counter stops working, you won't miss a single shot. When was the last time
you heard about a shutter problem on an M6?