Subject: Re: [Leica] Got my Winder R8!!!!
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 11:58:06 +0100

On 28-03-1998 09:33 RBedw51767 wrote:

>During my first roll with the camera and winder the film only
>automatically about 50% of the time.  Obviously I was not happy with the
>performance and returned it.  I agree with you the size and quietness was
>exceptional.  I miss the automatic advance feature but have chosen to wait on
>the motor drive.  My impression of the winder was that the quality was not
>the
>same as the R8.  Looks good, feels good,  but not the quality that one would
>expect from Leica.  I would be very surprised if the winder is not a future
>problem area for Leica.  However, I do hope that yours, and other Luggers
>have
>better luck than I.

I had the same problems like you when first wanting to mount the
motor-winder on the body. The film did not advance although all contacts
were in place as they should be. It worked well when I unmounted the
winder and tried a second time. I hope this will not happen again.
As for the general quality problems you had, I am keeping my fingers
crossed! No problems so far, the winder seems to be working alright.

Pascal

t h i n k   d i f f e r e n t               a p p l e    c o m p u t e r