Subject: [Leica] Ted & Marvin's 50mm
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 01:49:08 EST

In a message dated 98-03-28 00:55:23 EST, Ted wrote:
<<
 Actually surprised me at the many things we recorded that proved, when you
 put your mind and Leica lenses to work, you "can capture" neat things with
 just a 50.
  ted

 When I started using the Leica in 1954 - Leitz had a 135/4.5, 90/4,
 35/3.5 and a 28/6.3 as their fastest lenses and since I was only
 shooting in available light, it never occurred to me to use anything
 other than a 50mm which was a f:1.5 Summarit til I changed to the
 much sharper  Nikkor 50/1.4.  As a matter of fact - I thought that I
 invented the technique of moving my body back & forth, to align the
 rangefinder - instead of fiddeling with the focus lever - much faster -
 and then I saw a girl (who is now my wife) doing the same thing &
 it was being done instinctively - so I married her.

 Marvin Moss