Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Glory and Improper Posting
From: "Bruce R. Slomovitz" <brslomo@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 05:43:17 -0500

Eric,

I read your post several times in an effort to derive some sense of it and
came to the conclusions which I expressed in my reply.

Your comment on voting completely misses the point.  First of all, voting
has more to do with choosing than with judging.  While it could truly be
said that in order to choose someone you must first make a kind of
judgement, this is not the kind of judgement that was in view in my remarks.
The kind of judgement I was referring to is the kind which is inevitably
followed by condemnation and recrimination.  This, I hope you'll agree, is
something that need not be (although I agree it is) part of the electoral
process.

What does it have to do with Leica?  As I've said, the Leica (or any other
camera for that matter) is a tool for expression, as is the internet.  What
good is a great tool if you have nothing to express or (worse) lack the
insight or knowledge to express it well.  If that's the case you're left
with nothing to talk about but the physical characteristics of your tool.  I
hope you get my drift.

BS