Subject: [Leica] 75 Summilux
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 1998 07:10:46 -0800

Just received my used 75MM lens.  As I understand it, shoot wide open to
see the image quality?
Luggers, what do you see? Sharp as a tack, or the glow?

Got my slides back from my Napa/Sonoma "business" trip.  Lighting was soft
(in the rain) and chromes were luminous!  Shot almost all with the 50
Summicron and some 90 Tele Elmarit.  I really don't remember this image
quality with the Nikons....  Maybe the issue is not quality but lens color?
 Thses images seemed warmer.  Provia film, Wide open if possible.

Shots inside a cellar showed all the quality of light and warmth that I
remember from the trip.  Simply a wonderful set of slides.

BTW If any of you are heading for the Napa Valley, plan on eating lunch or
dinner at the Culinary Institute of America.  They run a restaurant with
the best service and food I have had in a long time.   Ask to eat at the
bar, you get to watch the chefs work.... Hotter action than a Denny's at
full speed!  Make a reservation if at all possible.