Subject: Re: [Leica] which 90mm lens for the M?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 21:19:08 -0600

At 08:12 AM 3/25/98 -0800, you wrote:

> Would you agree that the 2.8 is sharper at 2.8 than the 2.0 at 2.8?
> Is there better microcontrast and resolution?

The latest version of the 90 Elmarit is definitely better in all respects
(except at f/2). I own and use the 90 Summicron, and love it, and would never
get an Elmarit. I shoot a lot at f/2. It's tack sharp wide open. Either way
you
can't go wrong. But for absolute best image quality, I believe the Elmarit is
the better lens. (The latest version that is identical in the M and R systems
optically).

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch