Subject: Re: [Leica] Zoom lens for R8
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 08:09:23 -0800

At 10:29 PM 3/25/98 +0800, you wrote:
>I wish to purchase a standard zoom lens for use with my R8.  I have the
>35-70mm in mind, but am unsure as to which version: 35-70/3.5 or
>35-70/4.0.  The former is significantly more expensive than the latter.
>
>Do any LUGgers have any experience with these two lenses?

If you are going to use a polarizing filter any more than just
occasionally, you'll want the f/3.5 because the filter threads do not
rotate when focusing and zooming. The filter threads rotate on the f/4 zoom.

Because of this, I have the 3.5 and will not switch, even though the f/4
has an ASPH surface.

If you don't care about the filter threads rotating, buy the new f/4 version.

Jim